Saturday, May 14, 2011

stuff

Ok, first of all, the Knuckleheads Clothing contest is over. They had to end it abruptly at 240am this morning because it was brought to their attention that certain types of contests are not allowed on facebook... like asking fans to "like" a photo in order to vote for something. Apparently their page could be deleted if abuse was reported. I didn't bother to read the rules even though they linked it on their page. I'm sure they wouldn't have done that if it weren't true. Am I frustrated that I was involved in their first (assumption, but pretty sure I'm right) model search and it was a disaster? Absolutely. Is my heart broken a little because I thought my kid had a pretty darn good chance of winning, and he didn't get a real opportunity? Definitely. Am I going to enter their next model search that they plan to hold every 6 months? I really don't know. Tate kept saying he was going to be a model, so I'm glad I got some Knuckleheads things recently for Tate's upcoming 5th birthday (only 3 weeks away!) during the Knuckleheads zulily promotion. I'm going to take him on his own little photo session in his new Knuckleheads duds and let him be a model for all of you. :) As far as entering their next model search contest, I guess only time will tell. Honestly, I think that they have learned a LOT from this contest, and that it will run much more smoothly next time... the biggest thing that would hold me back is that if they do a poll vote, I don't want to have to go back to the same people and ask for their votes again. I feel terrible that this contest was such a mess, and so many people tried to help, but it ended up being a waste of time. I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you who voted for Tate and helped try to bring him more votes! You guys really are the best! 


And speaking of voting and reposting.... I will be printing out a HUGE list of names soon of voters and re-posters, hopefully tomorrow! Tate will be drawing 2 lucky winners who will receive a free session and print package! That's just my way of saying thank you for all the support! (ok, it was a bribe, let's just call it what it is. :) 


So my funny guy Tate was asking me recently to cuddle up in the bed with him and watch cartoons. We were on our way out the door to take him to preschool, so I suggested that we should do that after I picked him up from school that day. He agreed, so I said "Ok buddy, it's a date!" He replied, "Mommy! I'm not old enough to date!" 


I have been so incredibly busy lately... working full-time and running a photography business is time-consuming. I really miss my family. I work nights, get to bed around 4am, get up at 7am to take the kiddos to school, then come back and get Tate ready for preschool. He only goes from 9am-noon 4 days a week. So in that time I'm usually attempting to take a nap (but I usually get distracted by balancing the checkbook or paying bills or, I don't know... shiny things.) Then I pick Tate up, bring him home to eat lunch, he plays for a bit while I try to get some photo editing done, then we go pick the big boys up. Since I'm typically unsuccessful with a nap in the morning, I make attempt #2 to take a nap in the afternoon, before I go into work at 6pm. Todd and I are basically 2 single parents parenting the same kids on opposite shifts these days. Time management has never been my strong suit anyway, so that probably doesn't help. On my days off, I'm constantly working on my photography business... shooting, editing, returning calls, etc. I would give my left arm to have a clean house, a night off, and be caught up on editing so that I can simply sit down with Todd and watch TV for an hour after the kids go to bed. I don't even know what's on any more. I haven't turned on my TV for myself in months. But I'd still give my left arm for it. I'm struggling with making a big decision pertaining to my insane schedule, and I'd really appreciate prayers.... specifically for wisdom and guidance. And maybe a billboard (I'm not very good with signs). Or a 2x4 upside the head would work too. You know, something I can't miss. Anyway, all that to say that if you call me, email me, or facebook me and I don't respond for a while, it's not because I don't like you or want to talk to you... it's because I don't have time for you. :) But seriously, I miss my friends and I do want to hear from you... don't give up on me. I appreciate your patience! 


I need to get up early tomorrow for a morning photo session, so I better close this out now. My goal for this week is to finally dump the photos to my computer from our trip to California at the end of March. (I know, I know! Patience, remember?) When I get that done, I'll post some for you. Good night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment