Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ramblings... it's what i do.

ok, seriously, i didn't mean to fall off the face of the earth like that. i blame Pinterest. actually, i blame Pinterest for lots of time lost recently. my facebook status from the wee hours of this morning reads "seriously? five minutes ago it was 11pm and now it's almost 1am. darn Pinterest." if you don't know what Pinterest is, i'll try to explain it. imagine that you have a bunch of those cork pinboards hanging on a wall. and then you have lots of things pinned to it, like recipes and decorating ideas that you've ripped out of magazines that you were reading in the waiting room at the doctor's office. well, that's pinterest, but it's virtual. you can "pin" anything on the world wide web and decide which of your boards to pin it on. I have different boards for different categories... recipes, home decor, cool stuff for my office, fun props, etc. Pinterest is especially awesome if you're planning a wedding or redecorating a room. if you aren't on Pinterest yet but want to join, send me your email address and i'll send you an invite. oh, and say goodbye to all of your free time. you've been warned. 


so the last time i posted, tate had his upper GI done. we hoped that would be the last test, but apparently the doctor didn't get see everything he wanted to see... so we go back november 8th for an upper endoscopy and an antroduodenal manometry. yeah, i don't know either. but i do know that they will have to put him to sleep, complete with an IV, and he will have to stay overnight. he is still off of all meds since his allergic reaction to the erythromycin. i can't wait til this mess is behind us. 


so what else has been going on? the boys started school last week. i now have a kindergartner, a third grader, and a fifth grader. i don't feel like i'm old enough to have a fifth grader! (the boys keep reminding me that i am, i definitely am.) tate seems to be enjoying kindergarten. i hope my little overview i gave his teacher wasn't too overwhelming. "so tate has a prosthetic eye that he hopefully won't take out, and he has tummy issues that make him randomly vomit." that went well. 


here are a couple of photos i took on the first day of school...


yes, noah always looks that crazy. 

not so good at the fake smiles, is he? 




i have been working 24/7 on my photography business lately. i really thought life would slow down a bit when i quit my full-time night job, but i'm still up til 3am working, and now that the kids are back in school, my schedule isn't all that different from what it was when i was working at the airlines. i am so blessed to be as busy as i am business-wise in this economy, and hoping that it continues to grow. i am in the process of rebranding my business. i am officially changing my business name to jenn lewis photography. i think there was too much disconnect with the photographic memories name. i think people had heard my name and had heard photographic memories, but didn't necessarily know i was one and the same. and with using only word of mouth for advertisement, as i have for the past 4 years, i strongly depend on people making the connection. so jenn lewis photography it is. rebranding takes a lot of work, and i'm certain that i'll see something in like 8 months that will still say photographic memories because i never thought to change it! my previous website address still forwards, but my new website address is http://www.jennlewisphotography.com. there will be a lot of changes soon with my business. i'm looking forward to it! like my new logo? 



my other project is decluttering the house. i'm moving very slowly (hey, i have a business and 3 kids, remember? 4 if you count todd). anyway, i finished tate's room a few weeks ago, and todd helped me with jake and noah's room while the boys were visiting their grandma in ohio. now is where the fun begins... our bedroom is next, but the closet will be the tough part. do you have a place where you throw everything you don't know what to do with? well, the closet has been ours, and let's just say it's a more than a little out of control. ever seen the tv show hoarders? ha! ok, maybe it's not that bad, but intervention probably wouldn't hurt. wish me luck! 

i've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. you know those times when you try to doing everything at once? like, hey, i want to eat more healthy, start exercising, declutter my house, rebrand and grow my business, be a better and more involved mom, volunteer at the school, spend more quality time with my husband, cook more often (ok, or at all), do a better job with our finances... oh, and doing a little something for myself might be nice. you know, when i have some spare time. i want to hear from the supermoms, especially those of you who run a business and have multiple children... how do you do it?

1 comment:

  1. I love your new logo! Very nice... very sophisticated. Nice pictures of your boys. Very true to form for boys I think. My six year old looks awkward in all his pictures unless he doesn't know I am taking the shot.

    ReplyDelete