Monday, January 10, 2011

ready as we'll ever be!

I can hardly believe Tate's surgery is in less than 48 hours. We are SO ready. Ready for his pain to be relieved. Ready for this to be over with. Ready to move on. Well, maybe not quite ready. I still have to pack the bag for the hospital. I still have to get my camera gear ready. (You didn't think I'd forget to document this part of our journey for you, did you?) I still have to spend tomorrow cuddling with my three favorite boys on earth before our new normal begins. But then.... then we're ready. 


My mother-in-law has made it here safely from Ohio. She'll be hanging out with Jake and Noah while we're at the hospital tending to Tate. And hopefully this icy weather will clear up quickly so they can get out of the house some! I am SO proud of the older boys for being so strong for their baby brother during this time. I can see their love for him in all the extra cuddles and help they've been giving him lately. I don't know that it's really hit home for them yet though. This day has been coming for nearly 2 months now, and maybe it just seems like all talk to them. It's a little surreal to me, too. 


I'm going to try to get another photo of Tate's eye tomorrow. (I don't know why I feel the need to document everything.) He hasn't been opening it much lately, but he has opened it more today and yesterday than I've seen in a while. And hey, it's my last chance, right? Would it be too morbid/gross/weird if I wanted to see his eye after they take it out? I'm REALLY curious. Apparently, after you get to the point of being able to talk about the surgery without crying, the next step is wanting to see the organ after it's removed. 


We'll get the call tomorrow to tell us what time his surgery will be. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for my little man. I can't tell you in words how much it means to us. I can't imagine having to go through this without the support of our family, church family, friends, and most importantly, our God. 


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13



1 comment:

  1. You are awesome Jenn! And no, it isn't wierd to want to see his eye...I always take LOTS of pictures if for nothing else than to be a testiment of what God brought us through! Tate probably won't remember too much of this and will enjoy the pictures throughout the years!

    ReplyDelete