Monday, June 27, 2011

silly kid

So as I previously mentioned, Jake and Noah are at their grandma's (Todd's mom) house this week. I had been so excited to have a kid-free week to get some things done around here, and was glad that it coincided with my last day of work (today!), so I'd have some free time. I knew that with Tate home, it would take a little longer to get things done, but I was optimistic when he said he wanted to help. My big goal this week is decluttering. But first, I've been just doing general cleaning, so I can get to the stuff that needs to be decluttered. So I decided that if Tate wanted to help, then I'd take advantage of that, and have him take things to different rooms for me. I had him running things to his bedroom and to his brothers' bedroom, and occasionally, he took something downstairs for me. I was happy with the progress we were making, and he was taking plenty of breaks for breakfast and lunch and to watch his Scooby Doo and Ice Age movies. After one of his little trips to take some things to his room, he came in and announced, "Mommy, I think I'm the only one actually cleaning around here." All I can say is, he's lucky he's cute. :) 

2 comments: