Friday, December 31, 2010

changes

A new year often represents changes for all of us. Some make resolutions to lose weight, pay off debt, spend more quality time with loved ones, or quit addictions. I've never been one for resolutions, because when I "fall off the wagon", which I ALWAYS do, it would be too tempting to say "Well, maybe next year." Instead, I am constantly trying to improve on myself (and believe me, I have PLENTY to improve on!) and I don't put time restrictions on it. That way, when I mess up, I know that tomorrow is a new day. I always have a list of things I want to change, which gets to be overwhelming sometimes. I'm always trying to be more financially responsible, lose weight, and spend my time more wisely all at once. (Nope, that's not the whole list, just the ones I'm willing to admit to at the moment.) I keep saying that I'll just try working on one thing at a time until I've made it routine, then work on the next, etc. Am I the only one who is impatient? I want everything perfect NOW. If I just do one thing at a time, I might be ringing in 2012 before I even make a dent in my list! I wish you all the best of luck in attaining your goals, whether they're New Year's Resolutions, or just something you'd like to improve on one day at a time. 


Tate will have some big changes very soon. His surgery is in just 12 days, and I'm sure there will be some adjustment period for us. I am looking forward to seeing how God uses this in Tate's life. I don't know if that will be anytime soon, but I know He has a plan. Thank you for loving him, supporting him, and praying for him. And thank you for carrying on with us into 2011. 


If you missed Tate's front page news article today in our local newspaper, the Winston-Salem Journal, you can view the article here.

1 comment:

  1. My dad just sent me the link to your article in the Winston-Salem Journal, and I looked up your blog right away. I was born in 1980 with the same condition as Tate and lost my eye when I was 16 years old. Dr. Weaver was one of the doctors I saw at Baptist, and he is wonderful. My heart goes out to your family and Tate especially - I tell people that no, I wouldn't want two normal eyes, because I've never known what that was like. It took some adjusting to get used to having a prosthetic eye, but now I don't consider it unusual. I am a teacher and my students think it's fascinating. :) I will be praying for you and your family - please feel free to contact me at deallp@gmail.com if there's anything I could do to help you through these difficult days.

    ReplyDelete